Recognizing the importance of protecting personal information in today’s advanced information society, the Kitakyushu Convention & Visitors Association (hereinafter “Association”) has made the proper handling of personal information one of its core principles and strives to protect personal information in accordance with the following policy:
- Compliance with laws and regulations
The Association will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003), and other relevant laws and regulations, and guidelines by relevant government agencies.
- Collection of personal information
The Association will collect personal information by lawful and fair means.
- Purpose of using personal information
- The Association will use collected personal information only as needed in the performance of business operations for the purpose indicated when said information is collected and within a scope that is reasonably related to that purpose.
- In the event that the Association uses personal information jointly with a specific party or outsources the handling of personal information, the Association shall carry out necessary and proper supervision of said party or outsourcee to ensure the personal information is used properly.
- Notification or announcement of purpose of use
When collecting and using personal information, the Association will notify or announce to the person the purpose it will use said information for, except when the law stipulates it is not required.
- Provision of personal information to a third party
The Association will not provide personal information to a third party without receiving consent from the person beforehand, except when the law stipulates it is not required.
- Management of personal information
1) The Association will ensure that personal information is accurate and up to date, store said information securely, and take necessary and appropriate security measures to protect personal information from leakage, loss, damage, falsification, unauthorized access, and so on.
2) The Association has defined the Secretary Manager as the position responsible for the management of personal information to ensure that personal information is managed properly.
- Disclosure, correction, deletion, and ceasing use of personal information
If a person requests to have the Association disclose, correct, delete, or cease using his or her personal information, the Association will do so as soon as possible in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations.
- Establishment and implementation of personal information protection compliance program
- Complaints and inquiries regarding personal information
If you have an inquiry or complaint related to personal information, contact the office below:
- Zip code: 802-0001
- Office address: 3-8-1 Asano, Kokurakita-ku, Kitakyushu-shi (General Affairs Division, General Affairs Department)
- Phone: +81-93-511-6848, Fax: +81-93-521-8845
- Hours: 9:00 – 17:45 (closed weekends and holidays)
Created June 1, 2011
Updated April 1, 2017
Koji Toshima, Chairman
Kitakyushu Convention & Visitors Association